«Philosophy and Logic» will be held at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in May 23-25, 2013. It is organized by the Department of Logic of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
The conference is conceived as a venue for in-depth discussions on a wide range of topical issues concerning interrelations between logic and philosophy by both renowned specialists in the field, as well as younger generation of logicians.
The topics that will be discussed during the workshop include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Subject-matter of logic and the problem of the nature of logical laws.
- Philosophical importance of non-classical logics.
- Prospects of development of modern logic.
- Philosophical elucidation and logical explication of the notion of truth.
- Problem of entailment and the ways of substantiation of logical systems.
- Possibilities of application of the apparatus of modern logic to analysis of philosophical categories.
- Formal vs. Informal logic: reasoning models for philosophical and ordinary discourse.
It is expected that comprehensive consideration of these and the like issues during the conference can help to elucidate the notion of logical philosophy, and to bring further clarification as to the importance of modern logic in determining some prospective lines in development of rational philosophy on the current stage of its evolution.